Uniform

So as many of you may know, my scholastic endeavors have been far more fruitful since I married Traci. So I thought about writing a blog about it to thank her. But then I realized I should put things in perspective by giving thanks where it is most deserved. While Traci has been around much of the time to see me writing papers, reading, or taking tests, another force has been there every step of the way. Each day, after work, I find myself trying to completely change my mindset. The type of thinking needed at work and at school are entirely different.

Much like as Pee Wee Herman wakes up and slides down the fire pole, as I walk through our front door my work clothes disappear and my "uniform" is already on me. My uniform consists of a Maple Leafs long sleeve shirt, and Maple Leaf pajama bottoms (both Christmas gifts from my mom). With the help of my uniform I have read some of the most incredible works of literature, including: Shakespeare's King Lear, Donne's Holy Sonnets, and Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground. My uniform refuses to be a part of the reading of Danielle Steel novels or Twilight; fortunately for our working relationship, we are of one accord on this topic.

So in closing, thank you uniform, I owe you so much.

1 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I say you remove the pants from the uniform. Always worked better for me

Copyright © 2008 - I'll have a #3, DeLuxxe Sized - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template