There are people you either over hear, or meet in passing, and you think to yourself... I never want to talk to that dude. This will be the first of a group of posts of my encounters with such people.

BYU, Fall 2008-

As I was walking to class, minding my own business, not even wanting to overhear 18 year-olds at BYU speaking immature "Mormon" talk, it happened. All of the sudden from behind me I heard something that has frustrated me for two weeks now. Two freshman (boy and girl), were walking and I didn't hear what the girl said, but the boy said this:

Read this without pauses, this was said with one breath...

"I know her, I love her, she's so funny, she's amazing."

This is one of those times where I was so frustrated, I stopped and just looked at them. I'd be lying if I said I don't think about it every time I walk into that class. This is the pain I have to deal with on a daily basis.

How do the phrases "she's so funny," and "she's amazing," even fit together?

4 comments:

Jim said...

I have to be honest, I didn't get why that was so annoying until I went back and read it in one breath. You're right man, that kid is the worst. You have no excuse if you let this theme die, being that you live in Provo and all.

Danny said...

Jim, I appreciate you reading it in one breath; everything changes once you understand he never even pauses. Until you say it out loud, without a pause, you don't understand.

dannypitt said...

I'm glad you are back and on point. Let's get a Risk club meeting and a golf club meeting set up soon. By soon I mean this week.

Brian said...

Better late than never. I hope the posts keep coming man!

Copyright © 2008 - I'll have a #3, DeLuxxe Sized - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template