Election '08

I hope we don't get too lost in the excitement of the election to recognize the real losers who have manifested themselves throughout this race. So much is made of the winners and losers of elections, but little is ever said about the people who are the real losers in an election. These people manifest their stupidity in a misguided effort to evoke support, while simultaneously attempting to gain friends, respect, or credibility. They fail miserably...



No the biggest losers aren't Obama or McCain (sorry, I couldn't find a picture of a McCain bumper sticker), the biggest losers are people who put election bumper stickers on the painted portion of their car. Are you kidding me? Throw that bad boy in the window then when the election is over, razor blade that old news off of your car. How can I take your opinion seriously when you devalue your brand new Volvo (yes, I saw a brand new Volvo with an election sticker right on the paint). Your obvious lack of foresight turns my stomach; if I didn't have such great foresight, I'd run my car into yours. Then when you got mad and said you were going to sue me, I'd just say, "Oh, I thought you were into ruining the value of your car."

p.s. - I think it's proper to point out the Boston Red Sox sticker also on the painted portion... One more reason to hate the Red Sox and Red Sox fans.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Great post! Volkswagen, European looking license plate, AND Obama sticker? I'm not sure the world is ready for that kind of progression...
Seriously though, how many 22 year olds with scarfs did you have to pass before you found those photo ops...two? I miss vinyl records.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Ha! So true! You should have keyed the Red Socks car. And i would honestly think twice about even putting a stick on your window.

Danny said...

We all miss vinyl records, but the next best thing is showing how open minded I am. I am going to buy a shirt tomorrow that said, "I'm Not Racist, I Voted for Obama!"

Mark Ventura said...

It's true these people are dumb and will realize it when they are trying to fit their "Palin '12" sticker perfectly over their current one. If you are going to put something on the painted area it ought to be something timeless like, "If you're going to ride my a--, you could at least pull my hair!"

Jim said...

HAHAHA! Please, please do Anderson. That would be the best political statement shirt since "Bin Laden can kiss my ass" circa October 2001. Speaking of which, what's the over-under on ever being able to purchase a "not my president" t-shirt with Barack on it? I mean...outside of Northern Idaho?
On an optimistic note, if history has taught us anything, democratic president = quality Bad Religion albums with songs like Skyscraper. Not YOU No Substance!

dannypitt said...

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we should wear some "Not my president elect" T-shirts. Right guys? .... guys?

Copyright © 2008 - I'll have a #3, DeLuxxe Sized - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template