On Thursday evening at the New Silver Heights Bingo Hall in Louisville, dreamers sat down with all the hope life had not yet stripped away. Perhaps a little hope they kept secret such that they might be the one to yell a simple word among so many numbers. One word. Bingo. But once again, their dreams were put on hold by a Louisville man racing through hall with his pants down screaming "Bingo." Police arrested Deharra Waters pictured above in an unusual mug shot and charged him with disorderly conduct and alcohol intoxication. Police say his action caused alarm to both patrons and employees alike.
-Breitbart.com 12/30/2013
I would like to be the first person to say that I am disgusted by what I read, as it relates to what happened in the New Silver Heights Bingo Parlor. For some reason, stories effect each of us differently, but this one has cut me to the bone. I monitor the news with regularity, and at times I am impressed by what people do, other times I find myself disappointed, and at times (like today), my patience with our world simply falls short. I guarantee that the simple patrons of the Parlor were hoping to use those fun shaped bingo markers, without being made sick.
I feel like throwing up, thinking about how the the early settlers of Louisville, William Johnson and James Peters, would be rolling over in their graves. Or how three truck drivers named Dale, Chip, and Clyde were forced to toss their bingo markers and wrestle Mr Deharra Waters out of the hall. All I could think was, what a jerk. When I was 21, I remember going (along with my brother Matt and Ben Colvin) on a group date to a Bingo Hall. Sure the average age was 74, you had to buy a turkey and mashed potatoes meal as cover to get into the hall, when you left you smelled like an ash tray, and afterward you knew more about Firebirds than your local high school Auto-body teacher, but it was the good clean fun that you just wanted to share with the world. At no point did any of us concern ourselves with anything but the balls rolling out of the tumbler. These people were the salt of the earth, and though most of them would probably post bail for one of their grandchildren within 48 hours, they wouldn't know what to do when a situation like this stared them right in the face. But Mr. Waters comes in singing, "Comfortably Numb," shocking the rest of the hall into what they must have thought was a scene from a Seth Rogan movie (which none of them had seen). Which brings me to what really bothers me: We've all done this, and many of us sober... why is Mr. Waters getting all of this publicity? Today's Civil War bias media sickens me. If something happens in states that were vital during the Civil War, it's international news. If some guys named Matt and Ben, in Utah, do it... nothing. And you wonder who will win the War on Terror.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

its about damn time you came out of blog sabbatical. By the way, who do you think won $100 on a small crazy kite at the Virgin River two months ago?

Danny said...

Is there enough time to go the Virgin River if you are staying at the room furthest from the elevator at the Casablanca?

Copyright © 2008 - I'll have a #3, DeLuxxe Sized - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template